Sunday, July 1, 2012

Grilled Haryali fish

Enjoying the morning solitude, I am sitting at my desk all set to transfer my thoughts onto this page. Fortunately, I've never been a beverage person. So sipping cups of tea/coffee has never been my habit.

I just realised that I have hardly shared recipes on sea food on this site even though I eat it regularly. Fish is my best pick in sea foods even though I occasionaly have prawns too. Other crustaceans have never been on my interest list.I have rarely been a sea food person otherwise.

Fish is one of the best sources of Proteins. It is one of the foods that is a package to proteins without much saturated fat. Proteins contribute heavily for the growth and repair of the body, thus significantly lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases and controlling the cholestrol.





For me, fried fish has always ranked high on my list of comfort foods. There is no special time to eat it. I can even snack upon it, but prefer it very much with plain cooked rice and a lentil curry. With its deliciously golden colored texture, I find it very appeatising. Marinating it with various flavoured sauces and shallow frying them/grilling them is my usual way of preparing them for a fine meal.

INGREDIENTS:

Any Fish cut into pieces- I use Jesh TT/Salmon/King fish (about 6-8 pieces)

For the Marinade:

1/2 bunch Coriander leaves
1/4 bunch Mint leaves
3-4 Green Chillies
1 tbsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 Lemon's Juice
1-2 Fish Masala (optional)
1-2 Cardamoms
1-2 cloves

HOW TO MAKE:

1) Grind all the ingredients of the marinade to a thick paste. Let it not be watery as the marinade has to hold onto the fish pieces.


2) Marinate the fish pieces with this marinade and set it aside, preferebly in the refrigerator for atleast 1-2 hours.

3) Remove it from the refrigerator atleast 20-30 minutes before frying.

4) Heat 3-4 tablespooons of Oil in a pan, place some of the fish pieces on this oil and allow it to fry, flipping it on both the sides till golden brown on both the sides.

5) Garnish with some lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves if you wish.


RATING NOTES:
               DIFFICULTY LEVEL    :   Easy
              RATING  POINTS         :    8/10**

** For a more crispy texture, you can roll the marinated fish in bread crumbs/ corn flour before frying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...