Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spinach Fritters (Palak Pakoda)

Its months since I have posted and they have been big time busy days packed with a lot of activity. There has been so much happening around and so much to share. The road of life seems to be taking surprising twists & turns but amidst everything I took my time off for a flying visit to my hometown - India.
I am also aware that this has been my longest absence from blogging and I wish I do not repeat this again. But at the rate life is moving on, I sometimes wonder if I could continue to maintain this rhythm or will I all of a sudden abandon my blog some day? That's something to think and worry about !!!

OK, Its been a fortnight since I returned to Muscat after a quick tour to India. I remember leaving the sweltering heat behind to land in the midst of monsoons,shallow puddles,green foliages & exotic blooms. Something to behold. And then the rest of the days were totally social - greeting family & old friends, parties,shopping and much more.

Anyways, to keep the momentum going, I decided to post another savoury .... A quick fix and a healthy wintry recipe called the Spinach Fritters or the Palak pakoda.



 INGREDIENTS:

1)   1 bunch of Spinach
2)   6 tbsp of Chick pea/besan flour
3)   Salt to tatse
4)   1 tsp Red chilli powder
5)   1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
6)   1/2 tsp of turmeric powder

HOW TO MAKE:

1)   Wash and pat dry the spinach leaves and chop them into 1 inch pieces and keep them aside.


2)   In a bowl, mix the chick pea flour with salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander leaves.


3) Add water to this mixture and make a batter of desirable consistency. (The batter should not be watery or too thick also)

4)   Heat oil in a wok. Dip the spinach leaves in the mixed batter and start placing bite size pices in the oil and deep fry them till golden.

5)  Serve hot.








No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...