Monday, August 4, 2014

Spicy Seekh Pizza

We have decided to go in for a new Electric Oven. I have already started to shortlist the brands of my choice and checking out if they fall in my budget range. I still don't have the heart to settle for anything which doesn't suit my requirements after seeing the last 2 years of disastrous baking results in my kitchen. I am excited over our decision and cant wait to see one on my Kitchen counter. I have a whole list of recipes shortlisted for this and yes, they are sure to make their way soon into this space.

We are just done with our Eid accompanied with ten full days of relaxing holidays. I am still trying my best to come out of the holiday hangover that has struck me since yesterday. Life had been so lovely over the past week with late breakfasts, beach picnics and shopping. But they say that all good things come to an end very soon and that exactly has happened here - the days did pass by very quickly and again we are back to work, to the same old life of rush and chaos and the same mantra of busy busy busy.....

Talking about baking, I have a recipe sitting in my drafts since more than a year. I thought to share it soon before I get my new oven and another bunch of tried recipes gather in my drafts. So Pizza lovers, now you can do more than the trusty classic pepperonis and chicken Supremes. These oven-baked Pizzas are an easy way to feed a crowd. You can practically taste the summer sun in this top-rated Sausage-Pizza Recipe. A platter of these refreshing bites can be prepared in a jiffy.






INGREDIENTS:

2 ready made chicken seekhs(sausages) cut into 1/4 " thick slices and mix with 1 1/2 tbsp oil
2 ready made pizza bases
1 1/2 cup mozarella cheese grated
1 small capsicum chopped
1 tomato chopped
 1/2 onion chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chilli flakes

For the Tomato spread

4 flakes crushed garlic
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 cup tomato puree

HOW TO MAKE:

For the tomato spread

1) Heat  2 tbsp oil add garlic, sauce, tomato puree, salt, pepper ,red chilli powder, oregano and cook till thick.

2) Mix onion, capsicum, tomato, salt, pepper, oregano in a bowl.


For the Pizza

1) Spread tomato spread on each pizza base.

2) Spread 1/2 the chopped vegetables on each base. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese on each base.

3) Top each with half of the seekh slices. Sprinkle red chilli flakes on the seekh.

4) Preheat the oven for 180 degrees celsius and bake the pizzas for 12-15 minutes or till lightly browned.




RATING NOTES:
              DIFFICULTY LEVEL    :   Easy
             
             RATING  POINTS         :    9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...