Monday, September 8, 2014

Flaky Chicken fry


Changes in life and that too so many !!! 

Yes, I witnessed several changes in life in the past week giving me a mixed feeling on how to handle the new tumbling and twisting path that life provided. Life is always throwing surprises at us every now and then. But when many surprises come at once, we ought to get overwhelmed.

So much has happened these last few days, I could probably pen it all down. It’s mainly just time that’s preventing me from updating all this here. And it is sometimes hard to write down all about a week because  most issues silently take a backseat in my memory and it is tough to recollect the events in order.

But no matter what happens, I make it a point to try something new in my kitchen every week. Something or the other - either it makes me learn something new or trying out again something which had gone wrong in the past attempts. And I know that I enjoy both the experiences. Several recipes this way line up in my drafts and one by one they make their way on the home page.

On a recent visit to the supermarket, my eyes fell on the tiny packets of different seasonings arranged neatly on the shelf. I had seen them several times but never made an attempt to pick them up. I bought them without any idea of what I would do with them.

 So in an attempt to script my wayward thoughts, I decided to try out a flaky recipe here - its easy and so crispy, that you can even hear the crackling sound as you bite into it and eat. We’re talking skinless, boneless chicken with major flavor. And I must confess here that with this tasty 5-star recipe, poultry gets a kick in the pants. You can give a whirl to the dish by adding in some extra spices and see what new astounding flavours it gives.



INGREDIENTS:

250 gms boneless chicken cubes/strips

Marinade:

1 egg beaten
1 small sachet Chicken seasoning (I used Knorr and sometimes use Maggi also)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste

1 tbsp. corn flour powder
I tbsp. red chilli/hot sauce


 

For the Flaky dip:

1 bowl crushed corn flakes or bread crumbs or crushed vermicelli

HOW TO MAKE:

1) Marinate the chicken with the marinade list of ingredients.

2) Keep in the refrigerator(freezer preferably) for atleast 2 hours

3) Just before frying remove it out and dip each cube in the crushed corn flakes bowl and deep fry in hot oil.

 
 
4) You can also make use of chicken stock powder if you do not have seasonings at home.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...