Monday, August 31, 2015

Maddur Vada

I am so glad to welcome September  .... For us this month brings in a flurry of excitements, beautiful inspirations, new beginnings, a much awaited time for the utterly beautiful moments and a peek behind the screen. With the strike of 15 on the calendar, I would join my family to travel to the most peaceful and spiritual place on earth ...  Mecca - a place which rejuvenates your soul cleansing it through and through, providing the most cherished moments of privacy between the Almighty and his servant. The wonderful sense of excitement and beauty, the notion of maintaining a healthy mind and body comes back to life with great vigor.

So I will be off from this space for a few days and will be back early October. And I promise to come back and fill you in with more happenings in my kitchen. Before I go, I will post in more recipes. My drafts is flooding again and the posts can't wait to be shared. Most of them tried during the holy month of Ramadhan for our Iftars.

Now this is another no-fuss recipe that I have. And is super simple to make! I think its safe to say we all have the ingredients for this in our pantries. The flour-most likely and Semolina-uh, yeah! I seem to have these ingredients on hand all the time. I chopped the herbs very fine and allowed the batter to absorb all the spices for a while. Flattened the patties and deep fried them. They brought life to my table immediately. We made them in Ramadhan and enjoyed them on one of the Iftar evenings.

The recipe for these evening snacks is as below:



INGREDIENTS:

1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Semolina
1/2 cup Rice Flour
Salt to taste
1 Onion chopped finely
1 tsp Ginger chopped finely
1 Green Chilli finely chopped finely
1 sprig Curry leaves chopped finely
2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped finely
2-3 tbsp WaterOil - 2 tblspn + for Deep frying 


HOW TO MAKE:

 1) Take flour, semolina, rice flour and salt in a bowl.  Add in 2 tbsp of oil and crumble them with your hands so that it resembles a crumble.


 2) Now add in onion, green chilli, curry leaves, coriander leaves, ginger and mix well.

3) Now pour in some water and make it into a stiff dough. Don't add more water because the onions will release little water and the dough will lose its stiffness.


 4) Let the dough rest for 10 mins. Divide the dough into equal balls. Flatten the balls with your hands into flat rounds and set aside.


5) Deep fry these flat rounds in oil and serve them with a chutney or a dip. 


 

1 comment:

  1. The recipe for these evening snacks is really fantastic, I like the smell and its overall taste. I made this for my American friends and they loved it. Keep sharing more of such different recipes.

    ReplyDelete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...