Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chicken Salad

I am back to my workplace after a quiet & refreshing weekend. Reading, Browsing, some light cooking & a quick round of grocery shopping were the highlights of this week. Added to this we enjoyed some incredible weather. Thanks to a dull sky. We were treated for some lovely crisp breeze in the evenings.

Saturday morning blues have become a common trend for me every weekend. I feel very quirky when I find my online buddies all set for the weekend in other parts of the world and here I am starting a fresh week with a hectic schedule lined for me.

While I was browsing around in the market a couple of days back, I saw piles and piles of all kinds of fresh greens neatly stacked on the aisle. From Asparagus to leeks, from lemon grass to fresh romaine lettuce, there was so much. I was struck by a nostalgia. So I ended up buying some fresh lettuce & olives. As you can tell, I still do not know how and where I can use asparagus/lemon grass/leeks etc. Anyone out there with recipes for how to use these veggies? I'd love to learn their flavours and their usage.

Since the weather is gradually turning balmy,with a limp appetite, I am in the mood for food that can exhilarate my system & keep me rejuvinated all day. I am determined to hang on to various salads, smoothies, fruits & veggies. This week I opted to try the chicken salad. With the fresh lettuce & the colourful olives, the resulting produce was a vibrant bizarre of colors.


INGREDIENTS:

8 pieces boneless chicken
A small bunch lettuce
1 medium sized tomato
1 green bell pepper
3/4 cup shredded cabbage
2 tbsp Mayonnaise (Optional)
8-10 olives (you can also use pickled olives)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
1 Carrot grated
2 tbsp fresh/frozen corn
1 small Cucumber/Zucchini
1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions greens only.
Some parseley/coriander leaves
Fresh black Pepper powdered
Salad seasoning & some vinegar

HOW TO MAKE:

1)  Chop all the veggies finely or in any shapes you desire. Keep aside.



2)  Boil the chicken in some water till soft. Shred the chicken once cooled. Shred them big or small. The choice is yours.



3)  Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Toss well. If you have any salad dressing , you can add that and balance the seasoning well. Check taste. Serve.




RATING NOTES:



              DIFFICULTY LEVEL    :   EASY
              RATING  POINTS         :    10/10**


**  The ingredients used can be varied accorsing to ones choice. You can add or subtract some of the ingredients if you like.

**  Chicken can be shredded or cubed or grilled also before tossing into the salad.

** Raddish/beetroot lovers can add some rounds to this salad to enhance the taste. If you dont have lettuce, add lots of green cabbage.

** If you like some fruits into this salad, just toss in some chopped apples/clementine etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...