Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Revitalising Resolutions


Its been a bright & a lovely March morning here with the soothing weather gradually getting inclined towards more muggy days. The glass patio near my desk depicts a gorgeous scene outdoors - Sun-drenched gardens lined with tall palm tress & blooming bushes with the balmy breeze attempting to play with the fresh green leaves. Not to forget the chiming tweets of the sparrows & the tinkling chirps of the mynas adding to the blissful morning. But with the mercury levels rising with each passing day and the beautiful spring kissing its goodbye to us, it seems that the summer here has begun to envelope us steadily.


I had quite an enlightening and inspirational week. I spent most of my time idly surfing the web, stopping by some wonderful blogs, dragging them on my radar and idolising the amazing skills of the people working on them. I am in awe of such versatile curators and realise that they are blessed with multi-talents who can cook fabulously,write passionately & click pictures marvellously. With some pretty awesome stuff waiting in line for this blog, this exercise has been worth it.
After learning a lot of new stuff, I thought to start implementing them soon. Now it's a time to reflect on the changes I always wanted to make and resolve to follow through on those changes. Yes, the focus is now on Resolutions.



So while we are on the subject of Resolutions to strengthen my blog vision, this is how I put forth them.
Resolution # 1:
TO BLOG BETTER

When I started out on this blog blast year, I aimed to leave no stone unturned. I wanted the blog to look perfect in everything. But gradually I realised I wrote less even though I posted regularly.
I was so set on this plan, that I have let the important things get a little dusty. I was afraid that I may allow my blog to go astray & tread funk waters if I do not post regularly.

My reason for doing this blog is mostly for me, to make it like a journal and share. My hope is that someone will read something that may help them with something or the other.I am trying to come up with more writing content for most of my posts. Time is the only hurdle. Hopefully, I plan to concentrate on making this blog better.
Resolution # 2:

TO SEIZE THE BAKING BUG

Baking has somehow taken a setback in my kitchen, thanks to my baking disasters. I never attempted to bake anything once I encountered disasters. A couple of weeks ago while searching the internet for something completely different, I found several intriguing blogs with amazing baked stuff. I have been in awe of such people and I dream of baking confidently some day. To realise my dream, my efforts need to start soon.

Resolution # 3:

PERK UP THE PICTURE ART

Photography hasn't been breathtaking in my blog. I admit that I am still a learner and I somehow lack creativity in this art. I always miss the joy radiated in my pictures and  I envisage to strengthen this art very soon.



These are a few resolutions that I make as I chose the path of reinforcing this blog. So in this spirit of spring cleaning I am dusting off my other priorities, taking all other things with margin, and praying that I will achieve my goals towards betterment. Sure there are things that don't fit in my little dream life box - but I'm not sure that life is ever exactly what we want.

So, this is my re-commitment to my top three resolutions. Everything else can take a number - I'll get to them when I can.

The pictures posted are of a recent visit of mine to a mall here in Muscat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...