Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Baked Chicken with vegetables

Well Well.... I know I have been missing around from all the actions lately. I am not lost nor have I fled from the blog world. I have only not been able to update my posts and publish them off late. Just been doing a lot of other work lately and the blog unfortunately took a setback. Life never fails to surprise us !!!

But that has not stopped me from cooking and this means that a lot of recipes have been accumulating in my drafts and I intend posting them soon soon soon. Sometimes after a tedious day, its hard to summon the energy & to empty your mind from all the other distractions and write a decent post. This makes me postpone my postings and I lost count of the number of days that heaped up from my previous post.

Anyways I am back now and the rest is History. I have been baking regularly, cooking new stuff in a jiffy, have added a lot of fresh vegetables into my diet just to beat this sultry summer heat and live healthy.

Do you know of any better way to incorporate the recommended daily portions of veggies in your diet for you & your kids? If not just read on and you will be sure of this satieting way to get your kiddies clamouring for more.

Vegetables seems to be a part of every dish I cook these days. Fibrous foods & fresh greens taking the centrestage in my Kitchen. I have been adding them in almost everything I cook . The last weekend, I decided to bake some chicken. I also wanted to cook some veggie dish so that I can give some justice to my stomach in these hot summer days.





Creativity got the better of me and I ended up fusing the baked chicken with vegetables. How simple it was... I did'nt realise it until I saw the final produce. Yes,Fresh Chicken lightly flavoured in a spicy marinade & roasted to perfection and locked in a bed of beans & potatoes to produce a succulent but tender meat delish. Roasted Chicken with baked beans & potatoes you can call it.

The possibilities of its serving are also endless. Garnished with sliced cucumber, tomato rings & rounded red onions, it can also be served with fresh bread or used as a filling in a burger. Alternatively, it can also be served as an Appetiser/Starter or a Side dish. One bite & you are sure to be hooked .

The recipe goes on like this.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 Kg Chicken (cut into pieces of size you desire)

For the marinade:

2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Chicken masala/Tandoori masala powder
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp White Vinegar

For the Vegetables:

1 Potato peeled and cut into circles or wedges
6-8 beans cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 carrot cut into strips
Brocolli, Cabbage, Capsicum can also be added in small quantities


For the Garnish:

1 small tomato cut into rounds
1 small onion cut into rounds
Fresh cucumber
1 lemon's juice

HOW TO MAKE:

1)   Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients of the marinade overnight and keep in the freezer section of the refrigerator.

2) Remove the chicken atleast an hour before cooking. Taste the marinade for salt & chilli powder.

3)  Heat oil in a pan, add the chicken along with the marinade and cook on high flame for only 10 minutes or until the water dries up and a thick gravy is formed.

4)  Line a baking dish with parchment paper buttered or oiled. Pour in the chicken with the marinade/gravy.

5)  Preheat your Oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Place the baking dish in the oven once it is pre-heated and bake for 45 minutes or till done.

6) If any marinade is left over in your dish after pouring in the chicken pieces, just mix all the vegetables with it. After 15 minutes of baking, remove the chicken out, spread the potatoes along with the chicken, drizzle some olive oil over it and continue baking.

7) Repeat the same step after another 10 minutes of baking. This time add the beans and the carrots. This is done so that the vegetables are not over baked as they do not need the chicken's baking time to be cooked.

8) At the end of 45 minutes, the chicken would be done.Place it on the wire rack and garnish with the tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and the lemon juice. Place this chicken back in the hot oven till serving time.



RATING NOTES:

              DIFFICULTY LEVEL    :   Medium
              RATING  POINTS         :    7/10**

** Use any vegetable. Most vegatables taste good when baked.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...