Sunday, December 14, 2014

Mutton Bhuna Ghosht

On one of the proactive weekends that has just passed by on me, I decided to enrich my Kebablicious evenings week with Mutton cubes cooked with spices, yogurt and milk. Served it with steamed rice. The redolent flavours of this dish are sure to die-for. This is something that has been on my list for ages and after having it in one of our dinners at a famous restaurant here recently, I just moved it to the top!

I am talking about another royal Mutton dish called the Mutton Bhuna Gosht.

I can understand that I've reached a stand after much trials and tribulations, but all I can say is that I could polish off a whole bowl of that all by myself . Being a mutton loving bong I can give you a couple of tips on getting that charred taste in the dish.

The dish looked fabulous with the mutton having soaked in the runny sauce. They looked like as if they had been grilled and charred slightly & turned a delicious burgundy, and looked moist and inviting. The pieces retained their texture and crunchiness but had soaked all the juices and oozed with amazing goodness with every lip-smacking bite that we took. The dish is mind-blowing on its own. For some color, I garnished with finely chopped coriander leaves.

INGREDIENTS

3 Tbsp raw papaya paste
150gm clarified butter/ghee
4 Tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 big brown onions
6 medium tomatoes
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 Tbsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 kg mutton leg - boneless cubes
2 bay leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
3 black cardamom
3-4 cloves
2 tsp cumin seeds
4 green chillies
2 cups sour curds
1 cup milk

HOW TO MAKE:

1)  Rub raw papaya paste on mutton pieces and keep aside.

2)  In a brass pot, add clarified butter and sauté, then add  ginger-garlic paste. Add brown onions and saute for 1-2 minutes.

3) Then add tomatoes and all the powder spices. Mix well and add mutton. Cook for 10-15 minutes till little dry. The mutton can get a few charrs on its texture. So cook this step on high flame.

4) Then add all the whole spices, whole green chillies and sour curds alongside. Cook again for 10 minutes, then add 3 cups water and allow to steam for 30 minutes.

5) Remove lid and dry out excess water on high flame. Now add milk and mix well. Once meat is tender, dish is ready.

6) Serve hot with steamed rice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...