Sunday, June 22, 2014

Cheese Rolls

To be honest, I have abandoned my oven for baking purposes since almost a year. In fact, I have decide to replace it with a super-duper electric one because this oven is giving me very discouraging results in terms of baking and I always end up with flattened and solidified cake batter instead of it rising into a beautiful cake. Not only cakes, anything to do with baking is a big-time flop in my Kitchen.

Off late, I have been obsessed with Breads and Rolls. Whenever I am in a mood to look for recipes on the internet, I end up looking for Rolls or Sausages these days. I am dying to bake my own breads and buns, but I am sure my oven will play the spoiler role and put me into a spot to pledge never to bake again.


However, I was overwhelmed with a few pictures of rolls that required only shallow pan frying. They looked very tempting and the very next day, I found myself shaping them and frying the same for our breakfast .

Tasty and healthy, these rolls just get better when they're fresh from the pan. They are not glamorous, but they surely are the easiest alternative way for baking.          



INGREDIENTS:
         
1 cup grated Cheese
1/2 cup milk
2 small onions
1 capsicum/any vegetable of your choice
1 tsp salt
6 green chillies
Oil
1 tsp salt
400 gm bread

HOW TO MAKE:

1) Finely chop vegetables and ginger.

2) Slice and trim the bread. Mix cheese and milk to a smooth paste. Add vegetables and spread the mixture on the slices and roll the slices pressing edges slightly. 

3) Bask them with a little oil on both the sides .These can be deep fried/shallow fried or baked as desired. I shallow fried them.

 

RATING NOTES:

              DIFFICULTY LEVEL    :   Easy

              RATING  POINTS         :    9/10



** For baking, place in a buttered oven proof dish, brush lightly with butter and bake for 10-15 min at 150 degrees Celsius. Turn once to brown evenly on both sides.

** You can also use pastry sheets/bread dough from scratch instead of ready made bread and then bake them .

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...