Thursday, June 19, 2014

Corn Minestrone soup

We had a few weather disappointments in the last week with the forecasts showing the arrival of a storm and then the news coming in that the storm has weakened in the Arabian Sea and hence we would not get to see any rainfall. We have been longing for some rain since quite a while. With temperatures soaring to 45 degrees + sometimes, our outdoor life also has taken a back seat ever since summer has dropped in on us. So our only outings have been to shopping malls or restaurants other than long hours at our workplaces.

Well, amidst all this, I have been craving for some leisure days. By leisure days, I mean to have days when I can wake up at my own sweet time and still have nothing to do all day; not even going out and to just chill myself surfing the net or watching television. This is how I would describe a perfect weekend and it occurs very rarely- sometimes only once a twice a year.

Recently I ended up trying out a soup recipe. Now you may be wondering what's soup doing on my table in these hot summer days. I still have no idea as to what tempted me to make it, but all I can say is that I have been toying with another soup idea that will make its way too soon on our dinner menu.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup corn kernels
2 mushrooms -sliced very finely
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1 tbsp french beans
1/4 cup potatoes
2 large tomatoes
1 tbsp butter
 2 tbsp chopped onions
Salt and pepper
5 cups water mixed with a seasoning cube

Garnish with 2-3 tbsp grated cheese



HOW TO MAKE:

1) Blanch the tomatoes in a microwave for 2 minutes and chop them fine.

2) Heat butter in a dish, add onions and saute for a minute, add the corn, carrots , potatoes ,mushrooms and french beans and cook for 2-3 minutes.

3) Add tomatoes, pepper, water and seasoning cube and cook for 8 minutes.

4) Remove and mash lightly and serve hot after garnishing.


RATING NOTES:

              DIFFICULTY LEVEL    :   Easy

              RATING  POINTS         :    9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...