Sunday, February 8, 2015

American Chopsuey

We finally bought a new Electric Oven and I feel pretty proud to see it sitting on my Kitchen top. I have a list of recipes waiting to be baked. I also shopped online for some bake ware and have increased my collection. Only the ingredients are waiting to be gathered and soon I have interesting plans to fill my house with this lovely aroma that drifts out from bakeries.

To be honest, its been years since I last baked a cake and can't stop myself from feeling a bit low while I browse through all the lovely bakes showcased on the blogosphere. From frosting the cake to decorating it, I have loved every bit of this cake making process and have a strong interest to try these pretty things all by myself.

That is why most of the time I work on dishes cooked on the stove top and grills. And to a large extent, I have been unknowingly mastering varieties of dishes that do not take more than an hour to prepare.

Off late, I have developed an urge to try out Non-Indian cuisines. Whenever we are dining outside, we are trying out new restaurants and in this way end up tasting Thai food and sometimes Turkish, Chinese,Omani, Lebanese, Mexican etc. In this way, I have explored various dishes from these cuisines and have been trying out regularly Non-Indian food in our house and we surely are loving it.

Generally, we are having special dinners on weekend nights. So it is then that I bookmark a dish and try it out depending on what we would like to eat - heavy or light dinner. Because weekends are a great time to strengthen family ties and nothing is more exciting than to incorporate fresh produce and convert it into crispy outputs that pair interesting flavors and colors. Light never really taste so good, but this surely is a zesty one and it peps up the greens enormously with a crispy splash of goodness.

The American Chopsuey really knows how to shine and make its way to the center table.
 
INGREDIENTS :

Egg noodles 1 packet
Chicken (boneless) 1 cup (optional)
Prawns 1 cup (optional)
Carrot (julien) 1
Capsicum (julien) 1
Onion (julien) 1
Green onion leaves 1/2 cup
Cabbage 1 cup
Egg 1 (half fry for garnish)
Oil 2 tbsp
Ketchup 4 tbsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Stock 1/2 cup
Garlic (chopped) 1 tbsp
Vinegar 2 tbsp
White pepper 1/2 tsp
Corn flour 1 tbsp (dissolved into 2 tbsp water)
Chilli garlic sauce 3 tbsp
Sugar 2 tbsp
Chinese salt 1/2 tsp

HOW TO MAKE:

1) Boil noodles for 5 minutes, strain and dry.

2)  Deep fry noodles in batches till crisp and keep aside.

3)  In a large pan heat oil and saute chopped garlic.

4) Add capsicum, onion, onion leaves, cabbage and carrot with all seasonings and saute for 2 minutes.

5) Add chicken stock when start boil add dissolved cornflour. Stir continuously till thicken gravy.

6) Spread gravy over fried noodles in a platter. Top with fried egg and serve.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Aysha,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet message :)
    I have never really tried making Yorkshire puds because its so easily available at the supermarket, but yes its def on the cards. Will work on it :)

    ReplyDelete

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...