Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Red Velvet cake

What's the only thing better than walking through the door and smelling fresh cake being baked? That's right: eating it!

I am not much of a baker but I absolutely loved the experience last weekend when baking was the highlight of it.  I loved this recipe and I knew I will be making it ! Dense, moist goodness! Made two cakes out of this recipe and sandwiched them with whipped cream frosting. This is one of the most decadent cakes I've ever made.

Cakes don't need to be sculptures to be delicious! This was my first attempt with so many cakes all in a day and my house smelled like a busy bakery that day. I took these cakes to work the next morning and it was a hit. I could have done better, but still everyone loved them.

So break out a regular, great-tasting cake for your next get-together and wait for the compliments to come rolling in. Finish that delicious cake with a great frosting. It's easier than you think.


   
INGREDIENTS:

2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup Oil
2 Eggs
2 tbsp  Cocoa Power
1.5 tbsp Red Food Colouring
1 cup Buttermilk
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Vinegar (white)
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 tsp Salt
Whipped cream frosting - 1 tin (I used a readymade one)
 
HOW TO MAKE:
1) Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Take cocoa, food colouring powder, 1/4 cup of buttermilk and mix to a paste. Set aside.
2) Now take butter, oil, sugar, vanilla in a large bowl, Use a electric beater to cream this up. Add in eggs and cream again. Add in the cocoa-food color mix and mix well. 
 
3) Add in flour, salt, buttermilk and fold gently.
 
4) Now take baking soda in a bowl, add in vinegar. It will bubble up. pour this into the batter and mix gently. This will lighten the batter.

5) Divide this between 2 cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 mins.

6)  Cool the cakes and spread frosting between each layer of cake, sandwich the cakes, spread frosting all around the sides and serve.
 
7) I had some crushed nuts and I mixed it with the frosting while covering the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...