Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mexican Salsa

When we had been to Dubai a few months back, we had some lip-smacking Arabian food. I was surprised when I saw Arabian Rice paired with a tomato dip which is totally like a Mexican Salsa. I had not tasted a Mexican Salsa earlier to that. But I just knew how it is made and I could at least predict its taste.

When I ate it, I loved it. And then I started making it often at home with Biryani and Kebabs. It can be made in a jiffy and the only thing you need to balance in it is the spicy and the sour content. This easy winter dip goes well with burgers, hotdogs, chops and all your BBQ faves. So now you can kick-start every weekend  with backyard barbeques and picnics in the park.

Easy is an understatement with the availability of ingredients and how quick it is to prepare. Seven ingredients are all you need for these easy and no-fat main dishes. Cumin is a key ingredient for tasty salsa.

INGREDIENTS:

3 medium sized tomatoes seeded and chopped

Juice of 1/2 lime

2 tbsp of finely chopped red onion

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Salt to taste

1/4 tsp ground cumin

1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves

1 finely chopped jalepeno pepper or green chilly


HOW TO MAKE:

1)  Mix all ingredients and pulse them for 2-3 seconds in a blender until it gives a coarsely ground sauce kind of a look.

2) Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to allow flavors settle or until ready to serve.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...