Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Eggless Chocolate Walnut Brownie

The new entry into my Kitchen is the Electric Oven. Earlier I used a Convection mode Microwave oven which gave me very poor results for baking. That oven was very good only for grills and Microwaving. I still have it and I only added an electric oven that I can use for baking- it also has options for grilling, Rotisserie and heating as well.

With a long list of recipes bookmarked previously for baking, I am having a tough time to choose as to what needs to be tried out soon and what can wait for a while.

Now I am cooking a ton and spoiling everyone with new treats.

Cakes and Brownies for sure will be my first choice followed by Puff Pastries and Casseroles and cookies.

So I thought of taking it one at a time and gradually try out each one and I am not very keen to repeat the ones whose outcome is satisfactory. My idea seems more like a practicing baking class that I am conducting for my own self.  He He . . .  

Brownies were my first choice. I had all these ingredients at home that day. So I chose this recipe.

Brownies are different from cakes but they do have a few similarities.. They usually are more chocolaty and seem to be a hybrid version of a chocolate cake and a soft cookie, they are flat and have a kind of rough texture compared to normal cakes.

The outcome was quite good and I felt more like a master Chef after baking these brownies. My presentation looked like I had toiled over the dish forever.  I garnished it with  some chopped walnuts that I always stored in my Nuts box on my pantry Shelf.. You could also add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream to complete the medley of flavours. But trust me; you don’t really need the ice-cream.
Now get ready to shine a little fresh morning sun onto your meal with these fresh nuts topped brownies. Savor the sweet burst of chocolate with these brownie squares. The best bakes put the taste of the season right into your happy, happy mouth.

Diligently retesting the recipe as well, I listed down these ingredients for you and I suggest you try this soon.


INGREDIENTS:

Curd – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4th cup
Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – 1 1/2 tsp
Flour – 1 cup
Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup

HOW TO MAKE:

1) Mix the curd and sugar till the sugar dissolves. Add baking powder and soda, mix and leave to rise for 10minutes.

2) Mix the flour and cocoa powder and keep it aside.

3) Add the oil and vanilla essence to the curd mixture and beat well. Add the walnuts and flour mixture, and fold well.

4) Pour on to a greased baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or so. You can check if it is done by piercing the centre of the cake with a toothpick or fork. It should come out clean.

5) Let the cake cool and serve with vanilla ice cream (optional).



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...