Wednesday, December 7, 2011

When my Kitchen came alive

Cooking, Touring, Browsing, Reading & Relaxing !!!  What a wonderful way to spend the second session of our November Hols, but hey we also had some rain and lovely weather !


November had been more like a fun month for me. Thanks to the numerous hols that came my way. We had hols for almost a fortnight on the whole. That gave me enough time to convert my busy life into a breathe easy life for a while. Initially I had hardly planned for my second hol session that came in the month end for the Islamic New year. Later I realised that we had another 5 full days of hols. It was a lovely feeling.

Food , obviously was going to have to factor in somehow. I decided that I could utilise these awaited days to refine my cooking skills and I browsed randomly and started gathering recipes to practice.  



My mind switched to strategising -"Idealistic Strategising" a plan on how to work but still enjoy it when you have no pressure/need to do so and to steal the moments of joy from what you do.


In reality the moments are really quite simple, the thought of getting through the small task of flipping pages of your recipe archive or watching your favourite televison show or reading a book or may be shopping also. These are those small little moments that most people don't even think twice about or the moments that most of us do not sit and soak in, the simple moments of family joy. I wish every day brings us something joyous to remember always and we just dont run around trying to cater to the demands of this busy life. It's these small little things that could be as huge as a volcano erupting! Take joy out of those small victories and embrace the positives no matter how insignificant....life is now about searching through your day for a sign of hope and holding on through this crazy journey!


And I had been feeling unusually creative so I figured out what "new" to cook each day. By "new" I also meant something simple and easy. Having relaxed a little you’ll now find many useful but oh-so-worth-it dishes sneaking into these pages. Partly due to the shelves sagging beneath the weight of almost 6 cookbooks, and mostly because of the endless delights a wide diet offers, some things that were off ‘the list’ have found their way back on.


After my recent Cupcake disaster, I pondered over the shortcomings extensively. I realise that I did learn something the day I messed my work. This made me look for more cake recipes. I gained some confidence again. But I thought of giving baking a small break and enhance my spirits through other ways.



Here is a list of the various stuff I worked on in the last few days :

1)  Chicken & Veg wraps
2)  Assorted Sandwiches
3)  Yellow Pigeon peas curry with rice
4)  Mutton & Vegetable Khurma
5)  Ghee Rice
6)  Chicken Balls
7)  Baked Biryani
8)  Mutton Phaal
9)  Masala Puri
10) Black Gram Patties
11) Chole Bhathura
12) Ragi Roti
13) Tomato onion Chutney
14) Cottage Cheese & Cabbage Parathas/Paneer -cabbage Parathas
15) Rava Idlis
16) Green Gram and Vegetable salad
17) Tomato Soup
18) Spring Rolls

The list looks long, but these dishes are very simple to cook. Their recipes will be shared in my coming posts.



The Pictures posted are of a place called Nakhal I visited during the hols. It has a lovely fort that dates back to the 15th century and a beautiful water spring which offers you tons of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...