Sunday, March 22, 2015

Crustless Mini Quiches/Cheesy Omelette muffins

My weaknesses are mainly savory - think salt and vinegar crisps or cheese and biscuits - but there are times when my body craves for some glucose and I hunt down my kitchen for some sweet crispies .
Hot chocolate on the side is always worth considering, but just - just! - by itself this is sublime succor. This is my way of assuaging my appetite, appeasing my need or, perhaps more accurately, feeding my addiction.
 
But then for a strong breakfast or a healthy one, I like spreading out savories along with a bowl of fruits and a milk dessert to puddle over into a balanced spread.
 
And eggs is the Number .1 ingredient that a healthy breakfast demands. From plain omelettes or sandwiches or a bull's eye fry, eggs brighten up a breakfast or a brunch with just the right amount of calories to kick-start the day.
 
From quite a while, I have been eyeing Quiches but had not tried out any. Recently I came across a recipe while browsing and I could not stop myself from trying this out because I felt it was quite easy and will be well received by my family. And then it turned out to be a super hit and is demanded regularly.

The recipe is as follows:

INGREDIENTS:

4 eggs , well beaten
1 small onion finely chopped
Few leaves spinach chopped
1 small tomato finely chopped
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 pinch turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 small green chili finely chopped
2 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp. oil or butter for greasing the pans

HOW TO MAKE:

1)  Preheat the oven to 375 degree F / 190 degree C.2. Grease the cupcake tin with melted butter, set aside.

2)  In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and add onion, tomato, spinach, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, green chili, fresh coriander, salt and cheese. Stir everything until well combined.

3) Pour the mixture equally in the size of your cupcake tin.

4) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, depending on the size of your cupcake tin.

5) Once done remove and allow it to cool for few minutes before removing them from the tin.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...