Thursday, March 26, 2015

Gosht Achaari

A cursory scroll through this site will make it clear to anyone that I've got a bit of a 'thing' for luscious mutton gravies. This is in fact my third mutton gravy dish for the month and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. I have been finding a good number of mutton gravies replete with various combination of spices producing a variety of flavors and acting as great side dishes for our dinners. I have been trying them out regularly and cannot stop myself from generating bursts of aroma in my kitchen playing with amazing combination of spices. Even seeing this written down is making me feel hungry in equal measures. 

This time I went on to try the Ghost Achaari dish. This is usually my first choice when we are eating out. Somehow the restaurant flavours pleases me. And I was mighty pleased when I found this recipe while I browsed recently.

Now off to the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

1 kg Mutton/chicken (small pieces)
1/2 Yogurt
2 Onion medium, sliced
4 Tomato medium, peeled
1 tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
2 tsp Red Chilli powder
Salt  to taste
1/2 cup Oil

To grind:

1 tsp Onion seeds
3 tsp fennel seeds 
2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Black cumin (black/shahi zeera)
2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
2 tsp mustard seeds

HOW TO MAKE:

1)  Marinate meat/chicken with ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt and yogurt for 2 hours.

2) Heat the oil in a pan, add onions and fry till golden. Add the marinated mutton and fry for 5 minutes.

3) Add the tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add the ground spices and continue to fry for another 2-3 minutes.

4) Add water now and continue to cook on low heat until meat is tender and water is fully dried.

5) Serve after garnishing with finely chopped coriander leaves.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...