Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A time for reflection

This morning when I woke up I realised that I seem to be waking up long before the sun wakes up and by the time I reach home after work, the sun is back to bed. The sun's life sounds like a fairy tale. It has such a beautiful life these days. The shortened hours of work for the sun clearly marks the emergence of Winter.



But winter season in the gulf? Yes, I look forward to this short and precious season even though it is not marked with marvelous rainbows or splendid colours of the fall. Winter in the gulf is saying goodbye to the torrid summer heat and the dog days that we had. The summer had been awfully harsh and muggy for us with warm winds, high humidity, long days and a burning sun.




On the other hand, winter is very pleasant with short days, moderate and tolerable temperature, crisp breeze, inviting outdoor life and little rainfall. Rains !!! Its ages since it rained here. I last saw a good rainfall more than 10 months back. And some other times I saw cloudy and dark skies which never brought any rains to us. This sultry desert is very calculative with rains and we hardly witness 8-10 rains a year.




" Winter time is short of light, Winter time is small but bright,
Winter time has tons of fun, As winter time has a cooler sun,
Grand welcome for you winter, For me you are an uplifter"



Today has been a bright and beautiful day with a balmy weather and a soothing breeze. So I decided to have my lunch outdoors - in the balcony of my workplace so that I do not miss the beautiful signs of nature. I spent a good one hour enjoying the breeze with a beautiful view of date trees neatly lined with a small hill in their background. The glorious weather combined with magnificent sorroundings boosted my spirits for my boring afternoon session at work thanks to my long working hours.

Life otherwise has been full with loads of demands from work and the virtual world. But time passes off so quickly that its hard to wonder where so much of time has gone.

I felt a bit blue this morning when I woke up, thinking again another work filled day has arrived and again the same old routine. But the day passed out quite well. So while I sit at my desk in front of the screen in an attempt to paste my thoughts on this page, I glance out of the glass patio to see a clear blue sky with the sun almost down. I wish I could be outdoors during this time. I crave for hols and hols seem to be still far away. I crave for enough time to read my books. To be honest i am reading very little these days.

Would you belive that we have almost 10 days of holidays coming up next month for Eid? It sounds so exciting..... Waiting for them......

This morning I had a heavy breakfast. Guess what - its the Hamburger and macaroni recipe I tried. It was so simple and easy to make and hardly consumed any time. Recipe for this will be posted in a couple of days time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...