Monday, October 24, 2011

The week in a nutshell

It is a bright and a fresh morning and its the mid-week for us here. Another two working days to pass for the weekend to come. These days I find myself staring at the calender every now and then counting days for the hols. But the countdown has already begun for them.

Well, I had a good weekend and as usual did not do much except for sleeping, watching TV, using facebook and reading my book. This reminds me to tell you all about the book I am reading. But I think I can save this for another day as by then I will have more progress in my reading activity.

I just lazed around in the weekend but I did make 2 simple dishes from my recipe archive - the Pav Bhaji and Grilled chicken. I plan to post these recipes on this page very soon. There is not much to cheer for these trys as they are not something new. I have made them before also. Neverthless I will share it with you all.

By the time it was friday evening I started to go about with my preparation chores for the working week and finally called an early night to mark the end of a simple but rest-filled weekend.

Come Saturday morning and I was all energetic and I realised that I could have done more in the weekend. So I quickly prepared a TO-DO List for myself. Striking a completed job on the TO-DO List is so exciting and encouraging that it compels me to finish everything quickly. These days I am maintaining 2 TO-DO lists for myself - one in the office and the other at home.

I had a beautiful saturday lunch with my colleagues. There were 3 of us in this and we lunched in a french restaurant called La Mer which offered us a unique variety of cuisines that included both French and Arabian dishes. The ambience was magnificient and welcoming with a classical contemporary design and an open plan "Show -Kitchen". The Arabian Sea could be viewed from the Glass Patio next to which we chose a table for ourselves. The place was not at all crowded when we visited it and byt the time we were finishing, we could see people filling in.










The restaurant also has an outdoor section with a fabulous view and it has several seats and tables scattered under the palm and date trees with a direct view of the sea in front. The silent rushing waves of the sea on which the afternoon sun shone and the occasional sight of a few sea birds scattered here and there offered us an enchanting view and I wished to spend all afternoon watching the beautiful waves and the alluring sceneray that mother nature possesses.The long pathway across the restaurant at the edge of the sea was so inviting for a lovely walk. But our timing was not right for the same and may be some evening I could sneak out for this experience I thought.
















Even though this restaurant has a special sea food section, I opted for the poultry cuisine - I started directly with the main course and a creamy chocolate shake. I skipped the salads, but they looked so colourful and appeatising.

 The dish I chose was Escalope de Poulet - boneless chicken rolls filled with sundried tomatoes and raisins served on a garlic-spinach bed along with buttered mashed potatoes mixed with thyme sauce and rosemary. While I ate, I enjoyed this for the first few bites. But midway I felt this dish was quite heavy and filling for me. I somehow managed to finish it. The chocolate shake was also tasty.

The restaurant also serves breakfasts, Arabian cuisine and a variety of desserts.  At the end of the lunch, I got a few pictures which I have pasted above before we finally left the place to get back to office for another boring afternoon filled with work.

My sunday was a usual day with tons of work in office. Nothing significant to mention for the day. I have been browsing a bit these days randomly on different blogs, I have been tweeting regularly too. Very soon I will update my twitter links on this blog too.

I leave this page with a promise to return with a few recipes to share with you all. Catching up very very soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...