Saturday, November 12, 2011

Destructive rains

It was the weekend. It was the first day of our 6 days hol. I was still in bed. It was dark.I checked the time to note that it was only 7 a.m. The world around me was silent & asleep. I lay in bed and recollected the previous day's events.

It had rained that day. It had rained heavily for an hour causing all the water from the wadis to overflow on the roads and into buildings,blocking the traffic and overturning the cars causing a lot of destruction. I had reached home in a panic after managing to evade all the rainwater that had filled the roads. My friends and colleagues who drove their own cars had suffered that day after being stranded for several hours on the road waiting for the roads to get cleared. Everything was in a chaos. It was sad to see cars floating on the water and lying in heaps on the road sides. Several bulidings were evacuated due to over flooding. But thanks to one of my colleague who drove a few of us safely to our homes on time.

The long awaited rain brought in fears into us. These pictures say the rest.












Hubby reached home an hour later. I fried a few onion fritters and we munched them enjoying the beautiful weather. I thanked God a million times for making that difficult day so easy for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...