Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rain and Holidays

Winter seems to have started here in full swing and I am at a loss of words to describe the lovely weather we are experiencing here in Oman. The leaves are tinted gold and orange and vibrant red and every day I seem to be admiring the beautiful flowers that have filled up the lovely gardens maintained here. The greenery maintained in this city inspite of the sultry weather most of the year is truly amazing.





The sun has hardly shown up over the last couple of days and the sky has been grey all day. Infact it looks like as if we are likely to have a storm in a while. This afternoon again I had my lunch outside in the balcony witnessing the lovely breeze and the magnificient overcast sky. I am eagerly waiting for some rain in this desert. Like I mentioned before, its ages since it last rained here - more than ten months back.





The long awaited holidays have finally arrived and are a few blinks away. It is amazing to me how time has flown by so quickly. I have been thinking of so many things for the hols and I’ve been thinking about cooking and baking special foods, about the possibility of friends passing through, the places to visit and the rest filled days ahead and my books to read. The marvellous weather spicing up the holiday excitement. I’m excited that I’ll have a week off then to enjoy everything and everyone!

While I write this post, I am delighted to mention that it has just started to rain here. I cannot belive that the rains have finally come after ages. The scene in my office is that everyone seems to have left their seats to rush towards the glass patio to watch the splash of vibrant colors. I look out of the window to see an image which is a shadow of brilliance and the alluring sceneray.

I can hardly continue to write now as I am tempted to sit by a window and watch the heavy rain that has filled up the roads and the wadis seem to be flooding. They resemble a muddy lake due to the abundant water that has filled in them.

So have fun and I will post back soon about this excellent day that has come our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...