Saturday, November 12, 2011

Holidays

The first day of my holidays started on a lazy note. After waking up early at 7 a.m, I fell asleep again and woke up an hour later - around 8 a.m. I was excited with the hols.





The weather looked superb. I rushed to the window to draw the curtains aside. The sky was still grey. The road looked silent. The commercial centre opposite my apartment was still closed. The only activity I could sense was from a 24 hour supermarket located at a short distance from our house. The roads were still wet due to the previous day's rains.




I made myself comfortable on a couch and started to plan my coming days. We had Eid scheduled in a couple of days time. We still had some grocery shopping pending. And hubby had mentioned about his sis family visiting our house for lunch the next day. So I thought I could fix some cooking programs for my friday. There was ample time for everything else. From reading to cooking and watching TV to outings, there was time for everything. I felt relaxed and happy that the long awaited holidays had finally come.




So I spent the rest of the day with some routine activites - cooking breakfast & lunch, watching TV, reading my book, magazines. We postponed our shopping for the evening due to excess traffic jams everywhere. The roads had attained a bad shape because of the rains causing the traffic . I looked out of my window to find a jammed road.


Finally by the evening we decided to go shopping. I was all excited with the new sandwich maker we bought that day and decided to fix some sandwiches for breakfast the next day.




The next morning we woke up late. And I fixed some scrambled egg and cheese sandwiches for breakfast.






For the lunch party, I arranged a simple table. The arrangement was this way :

Main Course -     Kabooli Rice
Salad Course -    Greens salad (Mix of chopped cucumber, tomato, lettuce, onion, cabbage, frozen corn & grated carrot)
Side Dish       -      Grilled Chicken & Raita
Dessert Course -  Fruit custard decorated with dry fruits

After lunch I used facebook for a while and read my book. Time was passing fast.

We had decided to dine out that evening and we visited a new restaurant for the first time. We chose an Indian menu with assorted naans (breads) basket - butter naan, methi naan, corn naan, semolina naan and plain naan. This was accompanied by two curries - Chicken Tikka Masala and Bhuna Gosht. I loved the flavour of the Chicken curry and I ate it greedily. It tasted so perfect that I even packed some with me and brought it home.






After dinner we went for a small walk across the Corniche and finally returned home by 10:30 p.m.

We fasted the next day as Eid was the day after. So we woke up very early for "Sehri". After our prayers, we slept only to wake up late in the morning. The only work I had for that day was to make a sweet dish for the Eid. We decided to make Carrot sweet (Gajar Ka Halwa). So we shopped in the afternoon for fresh carrots. The sweet was finally done late in the evening after we broke our fast as I was making it the first time and wanted to taste it while I made it.



 Soon after dinner and cleaning the kitchen, I sat on my couch to apply some henna on my hand. Like I mentioned before, I am not very artistic. So my mind was blank for ideas and I managed to fill my hand with some designs. Still it looked good and I admired my effort for a minute before I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...