Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekends

It been a while since I wrote and I know that I've been remiss in updating my diary as much as I should, and really it's not for lack of things to post, but just that I am generally loaded with lots of work in the weekdays.
But what about my weekends?

I have noticed that I have hardly written about my weekends. So I decided to put something about them on my blog.


Because its during the weekend that the workload is high, but then there is no time limit to finish it. So Weekends are generally more relaxing and there is enough time to attend to yourself & set things right on these days.


My weekends are often much the same. I try to finish our week’s laundry, to tidy the house again, and to cook up different meals, trying out desserts & many dishes, plan for our lunches/breakfasts during the week. And the spare moments are filled with facebook, twitter,with books/magazines or with family.

I am glad for this time to get ready for the week, and to try good meals so that we are less tempted to grab random foods instead of eating a good, balanced lunch each day. This exercise also helps me to  plan assorted menus for parties and I am also confident enough with the end results due to practice.

I’m glad for a day to get my laundry done and ironed & folded, even if it doesn’t always get put away until the next day or two.

I am glad for a day to read. After a week of rushing, it feels like a chance to rest & recharge a little.

I am glad for time to make good progress on my grocery list planning - which I use once a month so that I can include my new plans in it.

I am glad that, even though life is crazy and I get so tired of being away so much, I still have some times when things are the same, when I know what is expected and what I need to do and how much time I have to do it.

I’m glad that most of my weekends repeat themselves.


I generally do not attend to blogging on my weekends .On weekends, I visit my blog page like a visitor. I never write. I dont know why. I reflected a bit on when I have decided to write my favorite posts and I realised that I need a slight amount of privacy for this. But I do make a lot of mental notes on my posts for the coming days.


I have decreased outings on weekends as most of the time I never like sparing enough time for it. I prefer using the free time relaxing on my couch than going out for a walk. But outings have a place for me only when needed.


The days seem to be getting warmer as January has arrived. It is so strange that this part of the world experiences such short winters. In fact we again had our last rainfall almost 2 months back. There was not a single day I needed to get into my winter wear. Looks like as if the Spring has already arrived. These pictures say it all.











No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...