Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome 2012

So here is a Chilling January day, a day which signals the end of all the hangovers of the New year. Once again, we are back to square one of our life. What lies ahead of us is a new empty book - A long year . Each day that passes by takes a page in it. So its another beginning - new hopes, strong visions, promising possibilities & enlivened dreams.



The past few days have been great with lots of stuff to share with you all. Life has been super good but simple. I did not have big achivements. But there have been a few small joys that have the potential to become the building blocks of perfection. Yes, I am talking about the various recipes I have been posting on this blog. These certainly are the happenings in my kitchen in the last few weeks. I have been browsing a lot, making attempts on a lot of stuff, cooking varieties and sharing them with you all.


You may have noticed that most of the recipes I have posted are very simple to make and are ready in less than an hour's effort. I have also that noticed almost all my outcomes have improved as compared to the past and I am able to cook food easily and quickly. Yes, it has been a long journey with lots of failures. But we all move on in life keeping our failures behind and looking forward to a bright future. I do not call myself as PERFECT or a good cook. But I am sure I have left behind my days when I knew how to cook something, but I lacked confidence due to a miserable attempt I had made previously. 


But now I feel that the journey could have been simple . As the saying goes - "Practice makes everyone perfect". That's exactly what has started working up for me.


Life otherwise has been stress free. Thanks to our latest timings at work. I find these timings very comfortable and I am able to accomodate more things in life. This is how my routine weekdays life is now:

5:30 a.m.                     - I wake up
5:30 - 6:20 a.m.         - I cook breakfast & lunch. Pack our tiffin boxes
6:20 - 6:50  a.m.        - Get ready for work
7 a.m                            -  I leave home for work
7:30 a.m.                     - I am at my office desk starting work
12:30 -1:00 p.m.        - Lunch Break
4:30 p.m.                     - I leave office
4:30 -5:30 p.m.          - Car Driving Class
5:45 p.m.                     - I am home
6:00 - 7:30 p.m.        - Household chores, dinner preperation, breakfast & Lunch preperation for next day.
7:30 - 8:15 p.m.         - Resting, reading, watching TV,Chatting etc.
8:15- 9:00 p.m.         - Dinner work & Serving dinner
9:00 - 9:15 p.m.        - After dinner chores in Kitchen
9:15 - 10:15 p.m.      - Watching TV or other miscellaneous leisures
10:15 p.m.                 - Sleep.

This is how I have been following life. This goes on for 5 days in a week. I have 2 days off at the end of the week. I utilise these 2 days for some special cooking. I usually make a list of recipes that I plan to try in a month and assign 2-3 recipes per weekend. When I do my monthly grocery shopping, I purchase all the dry ingredients for these. This makes me equipped in advance. My aim is to try something new every weekend. It can be a very simple salad or a tough dessert/main course dish. The simplicity or complexity of the dish is not of much concern to me. Just the attempt and the outcome has been the focus.

The weather has been pleasant since 2 months. Despite the chill in the air, the sun is bright and warm. So no humidity, no sweat and it has been a while since it has rained.


Not many goals have I set for myself this year. Learing something new everyday and achieving prefection in whatever I have learnt and I know is all that I look forward to. Will be back with more recipes and more news to share. Till then have fun !!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...