Sunday, April 19, 2015

Chilled lime pie

This is something that I learnt out of interest after tasting it from our local grocery store's bakery. It is a no-bake pie plus a cheese cake in disguise. The real refreshing ingredient is the lime that is used and the flavor it produces is heavenly.

I managed to find this recipe on the internet. I am sometimes amazed with the incredibly talented food blogs that showcase amazing foods. I admire the pictures and the combinations and I love learning about new foods. I have been gradually trying out Mexican, Greek, middle eastern dishes other than our usual Indian dishes. And I love admiring the desserts - desserts are something that I am not very good at and I just attempt them out of self-confidence only to find my confidence broken because the results are not very promising in my hand. Still I am trying out the easy ones and was glad to find this recipe on one of the blogs.

I suggest you should make it at the earliest, You can also add a few drops of green food color to the mixture to produce a marbled look or a swirled effect.

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup fresh cream (around 150 ml)
1/3 cup lime juice
6 tbsp. melted butter
15 biscuits (marie biscuits or digestive biscuits)
1/2 tin (200gms) sweetened condensed milk

HOW TO MAKE:

1) Crush the biscuits finely, add the melted butter and mix well. Press this onto a greased shallow glass dish/loose bottom pie dish and chill for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.

2)  Whisk the Sweetened Condensed Milk and lime juice together until thick.

3) Whip the cream till soft peaks form and fold into the condensed milk mixture, gently mix till combined.

4)  Pour onto the chilled biscuit layer and swirl the green colour through the mixture to get a marbled effect. Freeze for 1-2 hours or until set.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...