Monday, April 20, 2015

Pineapple Biscuit Pudding

I’ve been on a pineapple kick lately, so I was glad when I found a no-cooking dessert recipe during blog hopping and I decided to make it last weekend. I just had to jazz up the standard biscuit crust (as in pies)with some sweetened pineapple which was a perfect complement to the raw egg flavor of the pudding.

Well a pudding !!! I am not very impressed with puddings these days. I just feel they are too "eggy" and may not be liked with everyone. Thanks to Vanilla essence, it really saves. And this pudding doesn't require cooking also. So I was quite apprehensive initially. I was wrong. And I am glad because this pudding outclasses all other usual puddings.

It’s really easy to put together too . . . well, except for chopping the pineapple. So I just went through the shortcut way - canned pineapples !!! The sweet flavor really is worth the effort, but I won’t judge if you like to use fresh pineapple instead. My grocery store sells a lot of these canned stuff and I picked a can recently that happened to yield exactly what I require for this recipe.

I made this last weekend, but it would be perfect for Mother’s Day or any occasion .It is very rich, so plan to serve small slices. I had 2 adults and a toddler to tackle it (some of whom had seconds), and still only made it through half of it.

Now lets check out the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

1 packet Marie biscuit
100 gms Butter
1 cup Powdered sugar
1 cup Pineapple stewed/preserve/tinned
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1 Egg
 1/2 to 1 cup. Milk

HOW TO MAKE:

1) Beat egg white stiff and keep aside.

2) Beat butter and sugar till nice and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat till creamy.

3) Then fold in the stewed pineapple(along with the juice if you are using canned ones) and the egg white and mix well. This is the cream mix for the pudding.

4) In a square pudding dish  dip biscuits in milk and line the dish.

5) Spread the pineapple cream on top of this.

6) Again dip biscuits in milk and line on top of the cream till the cream layer comes on top and keep in fridge for at least an hour.

7)  Garnish with caramelized nuts or grated chocolate or sprinkle chocolate chips. You can also pipe some cream and sprinkled chocolate gratings.

8) Chill the pudding thoroughly. And serve chilled.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...