Monday, April 13, 2015

Stir fry beans

This is clearly the most easiest stir fry I have ever made. I made it for my simple Indian lunch in the weekend.  For this meal, I opted to create a salad kind of a bowl with and to sop up the flavours and mellow the vegetal cooked greens. But then I changed my mind and thought of these stir fried beans. They served as a quick side dish with steamed rice and some Punjabhi yogurt Kadai (recipe will be put up soon). Perfect for the stomach.

INGREDIENTS:

15-20 French Green Beans or String Beans (cut into half or leave them long)
 2-3 Garlic cloves sliced or finely chopped
1 tsp Chiili flakes (optional)
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste


HOW TO MAKE:

1)  Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the garlic until crisp and light brown.

2) Add the chilli flakes and salt and stir for a few seconds.

3)  Add the beans and stir to cover evenly with the oil.  Cover the skillet with a lid and leave to cook, stirring occasionally.

4) The beans should still have a bite to them but no longer taste raw.

5) Serve with rice or as a side dish.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...