Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Rice pooris

I really cannot believe it's the last week of April. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just terrifying the rate at which 2015 is disappearing in front of my eyes, just worried at the rate I am aging....

This weekend has also flown by, but mainly because I've been doing a lot of work and have kept myself busy. Almost every day over the last week has involved something new in the kitchen. I've made something or the other which is new and I am still not sure if I made everything perfectly. The sad thing is that first impression is certainly the best impression. And if something is not cooked well in the first attempt, then the chances of the same dish being repeated in the near future is very less. No, I should not do that. I should try it out and perfect myself on it. Or else I cannot be a good cook. I am wary of that!!!


Anyways I'm heading into next week with more of the same on the horizon, and feeling like an extremely energetic girl. Tomorrow is Thursday and that means I am a day just before the weekend and I need to list down what I would like to try out in the weekend. Baking is certainly on my list and what else ? I will get to know tomorrow. Nevertheless, I am excited.

Now coming to today's recipe. I found this recipe in one of my books and I really liked it. I made them for breakfast and accompanied them with a vegetable curry. They are called as Rice pooris or Rice puffs. Quite an interesting concept because they are not very common in our breakfasts or in most restaurant menus. They are fluffy, crispy and fresh. You are sure to love them.

INGREDIENTS:

1.5 cups rice flour
1.5 cups water or add as required
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp cumin powder
a pinch of fenugreek powder
1 tsp oil for the dough
1/2 cup Dill leaves finely chopped
salt as required
oil for deep frying the pooris
 
 
HOW TO MAKE:
 
1) Mix the spices and salt with the rice flour.
 
2) Heat the water till its begins to boil. Add the hot boiling water to the rice flour mixture along with the dill leaves.
 
3) With a spoon stir well. cover with a lid and let this mixture become warm, for about 20 to 25 mins.
 
4) Add 1 tsp oil  then begin to mix everything with your hands. Knead till smooth using a bit of oil.
 
5) Cover and let the dough rest for 25 to 30 minutes more or till it cools completely. Make small balls from this dough.
 
6) Roll each of the small ball into a flat bread type and deep fry them until light golden in hot oil.
 
7) While deep frying, you can gently press  the poori, in circular motion, so that the poori puffs completely.
 
8) Serve them hot.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...